Friday, September 16, 2011

Retreat


I cut a bouquet of parsley for the kitchen table.
I looked to make sure there were not any Black Swallowtail caterpillars on it.
Much to my surprise this morning I saw two tiny cats.



They must have been eggs when I cut the parsley.
I have potted up some so I will have caterpillar food even if it gets cold.
Once they start on parsely they will only eat it.
Some of the other Black caterpillars I have found on Queen Anne's Lace or on Fennel. I have brought in enough host plants
for the caterpillars.



One of the Blacks emerged yesterday.
I cut some blooms for her to feed from.
Still too cold to release her. Maybe tomorrow.



We potted up the cactus.
They are on the porch getting used to less light before I bring them in.





A few leaves have turned and fallen to the ground.


Seeds are setting and I will once again gather for next year.




I am giving myself a retreat next week.
I will spend a few days reading and journaling.
I will spend a few days in silence.
I am unplugging.
Have a blessed Autumn Equinox.


No comments: