Monday, April 27, 2009

Wellness

My dear friend sent her healing way.
Her love is guiding me to trust my inner wisdom.
I have asked the Oak Tree that grows in my yard for healing.




My Doctor has suggested I return to my yoga practice.
When I found this darling book at the bookstore I decided
I could get back into my routine at home.
I feel comfortable in my kitchen.


I am learning to savor.


I am using my sand timer to help me

spend at least 20 minutes enjoying my meals.

My doctor has prescribed two more books.

This one is to help me with my anxiety.
I have begun a study, complete with a high lighter and note taking.




From the library I have a few
food and health books.


While shopping for my great niece's first birthday gift

I found a book for me.

Something for my little inner "French child."

I am writing and reading and working on wellness.

Thank you for you kind support.

I am having fun while learning to be the best I can be.


7 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

Ah, this post is all good medicine. An oak tree is a mighty ally, and yoga and food as medicine. My goodness, I imagine life can only feel good with this path. Have fun!

Cheryl said...

My dear Sherry......I am so pleased that you are beginning to see a light shining and following the path to lead you to wellness.........you know my thoughts are always with you....

I to feel much comfort from your post.....we are again walking beside each other......

You can never have too many books, can you? We share the same passion....I have just bought a book that is helping me....Practising the power of Now.....a guide to spiritual enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle.....

I am learning much from my readings....I am so glad that you are to......

Q said...

Dear Tammie Lee,
I am enjoying learning and being well! I shall resume my meditation practice too. I have let go of my old ideas of perfect house and gardens. Now I am in the "now" and enjoying....
Wonderful to meet you.
Namaste,
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Cheryl,
Thank you for being my dearest of friends. It is an honor to walk this good red earth with you!
I am learning about being comfortable in my body. Learning to honor her and to rejoice that I have a healthy body. Mindfulness is amazing!
Daily meditation begins next week. I guess I finally get the notion I must take care of my body as well as my mind and my soul.
I love books...Do let mer know what you think of Eckhart Tolle's book.
Namaste,
Sherry

ShySongbird said...

I have just read back to the beginning of this blog Sherry and it is so inspirational, I love how you take time preparing your little trays to make 'ordinary' times special and how you emphasise the need to drink water. I find it all too easy to forget to drink when I am busy. I have always tried to eat and drink natural things without chemicals, and although I love decaffeinated coffee my drink of choice is water although I have never tried it warm. I shall come back and re-read this blog and digest it further.

I have left a longer comment on Q's corner.

Wendy said...

I have an oak tree in my backyard I call Grandfather Oak. He watches over all the animals and flowers in my back yard. I sit in my lounge chair on the deck, stare up into the branches and have conversations with Grandfather Oak. Hummingbirds come to sit on his branches. I'd never noticed that before last summer. They are so small, it's hard to see them up high in the branches of the Oak.
Oak trees are very wise.

I am glad you are feeling well.
Namaste

Marimoy said...

I have a similar book to wone you posted called Healing with Whole Foods. It is such an important part of my kitchen!